Friday, February 21, 2014

Who is Lancer, Hero of the West?

by Bob Brill
Author: "Lancer; Hero of the West" book series.

In my first blog about my new book, Lancer Hero of the West, which is due out in a few weeks, I told you briefly a little about why I started this new book series about a Western Hero named Lancer. I gave you a little info as to who he is and today I want to give you a little bit more.




He's based in Tombstone, Arizona but travels to wherever the job takes him. You may wonder why Tombstone? Tombstone was a boom town and offers the character some interaction with some of the biggest names of the day. And also names which ring passion in my heart for the old west. Wyatt Earp and his brothers were there as was Doc Holiday and the bad guys known as The Cowboys.

Since this is fiction I am able to mix good storytelling with real names. Details about those real people are sketchy at best and glorified at worst. All this makes for a good mix of history (my passion) and storytelling hopefully at its best.

Lancer is a gunslinger but certainly a good guy. He's respectful of women and children, is educated, doesn't need the money and has traveled the world. He was an officer during the war between the states and came from a well to do family. 

He has detective skills, is quick and deadly with his gun when he needs to be and has a sweet tooth. He has a passion for Turkish Delight as do I. His reputation is impeccable and while he's sort of an anti-hero he is skilled in many ways. He is also well read and not afraid to tangle with the law if the law isn't doing it's job.

Anymore and I'd be remiss in my storytelling as an author. You have the basics and I hope you are intrigued enough to want to read Lancer Hero of the West. We are currently working on the cover art (more on that in my next blog) and as soon as that is complete the first Lancer book will be a reality and ready for you to read hopefully with the same passion I wrote it.

For more on my books go to Bob Brill Books. You can always email me at brillpro@gmail.com, and you can find me on Facebook at Bob Brill and Twitter at @bobbrillla (which stands for Bob Brill Los Angeles). Spread the word; Lancer is coming!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment