Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Change in Pricing

One of the things I never want to do is to change a price either for an item or for shipping. In today's case I had to do both. Sorry to say due to recent increases at the USPS and other changes I now need to start charging a minimal fee for shipping books.

Whereas I was previously charging $10 for Lancer; Hero of the West - The Prescott Affair plus FREE SHIPPING, that just did not work anymore. I am now charging $4.00 S&H on all books domestically shipped from the web site.

Here is the reason why:

Padded envelopes big enough to ship the book cost about 50-75 cents each. The book I shipped today inside California went First Class for $3.62. Media Mail is NOT cheaper and takes forever to get to it's destination.

Obviously this puts the charge over the $4.00 I am now charging for shipping. I also had to place the price of to book up to it's usual Suggested Retail Price of $14.99 rather than the promotional price of $10.00 and free shipping.

So if you order the book today it will be $18.99 delivered. I didn't want to do this but really I had no choice. We have not yet been given the price of the new "Los Angeles Affair" but we expect the publisher to set a similar reasonable price. There will be some promotional prices at times and of course a digital download on Amazon will be much cheaper. However, for those of you who like the smell of a real book and when you buy a real book you also get one of our Lancer bookmarks, the paperback version is the way to go.

Thank you so much and I appreciate your support.

Bob Brill

No comments:

Post a Comment